Aug 19, 2008

Time for School!

Well, its that time of year again. School time. It seems like it comes sooner and sooner each year. I closed my eyes for a little nap and poof! summer was over. Oh well. C'est la vie. My girl took me shopping to get all my school supplies. Ya got your pens, paper, pencils, books, folders, and all that stuff. She thought I should start off on the right paw and bring an apple for the teacher. I thought I should bring a bag of furry mice or Temptations but my girl insisted that an apple would be better.
My favorite part of school is recess. Here I am checking out the school grounds. There was lots to see and do. I tried to make friends with a little mousie but he must have been late for class or something cause he just ran off when I got close to him. Maybe I can introduce myself to him next time.
When the last bell rang I went straight home to tell my girl all about it. She had some yummy treats all set out and waiting for me when I got there.
After my day at school I wanted nothing more than to settle in for a good snooze. With a long year ahead of me I need to rest up and be prepared for lots of learning. School is kinda cool, and my girl was right about that apple. I think I'm well on my way to becoming Teacher's Pet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they still let you take naps in school!

ZOOLATRY said...

Oh my, this must not be your FIRST year at school.. cause you've got it all together, and all in order... you'll be getting all A's for sure.

Kellykat said...

Well they do let me take naps but just not as many as last year in Kittergarden. Now we get to nap after morning recess, lunch, and afternoon recess.

Thanks Zoolatry, I hope I get all A's! That's what the apple was for.
-Scotchy

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Oh yes teechurs wuv apples... furry goods idea.

Hope you gets ta say hello to dat mouse who waz lates fur class!

Our Mawmee home skools us.

Lurning iz hards werk! Speshully whns you iz in Comik Actin class!

The Island Cats said...

Scotchy, you had a fun day, we can tell. And we hope you get to be Teacher's Pet!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Unknown said...

Where do you go to school?? me want join!!

Sweet Purrfections said...

I am sure you will be the teacher's pet.

Mom says you better not take too many naps because you have to study!